Cutoff blades and tube cutting blades and knives are used for many profile extrusion applications:
- Plastic extrusion cutoff - a common process in which extruded plastic material is cut to length at the end of the manufacturing process. Many OEMs and sophisticated end users have improved the performance of their extrusion cut-off line by using a customized shape from Cadence.
- Guillotine cutters or shears - typical cutting application in which long or large film, foil, paper and non-woven products are cut into smaller or shorter parts as needed.
- Rotary tube cutoff - process that uses a rotating blade to cut plastic, rubber, or metal tubing to length.
Cadence MEDXX® brand tube cutting blades are used for precision cutting of high performance tubing for medical, laboratory, and bio-pharmaceutical applications.
- Minimize cut particulates (reduce hairs)
- Minimize deflection
- Improve slicing for thin wall, flexible materials
- Maintain repeatability for validation of processes
- Reduce scrap & down time
- Standard off the shelf blades
- No need to modify shaving blades
- Two thicknesses available to match specific cutting challenges
- Minimize part interruption with unique relief area
- 400 series stainless steel provides corrosion resistance combined with good wear resistance and edge retention
- Other blade material options available on request for longer wear resistance in cutting abrasive material
If you do not see a stocked blade below that will work for your application, please consider the critical aspects of blade selection for use in your extrusion or cut-off processes:
- Material selection for max wear resistance vs. toughness
- Edge geometry to balance cut force with blade life
- Angle of cut determined by blade shape